Search This Blog

Monday, December 12, 2011

Dec. 17: Julia Sweeney Workshop Performances for New Book at Space

For those of you who are huge SNL fans, you'll remember Pat, Julia Sweeney's character who really wasn't a man or a woman, she was just Pat. Well Julia Sweeney is coming to town this weekend and you'll have the chance to meet her and participate in a workshop for her upcoming book "If It's Not One Thing, It's Your Mother." Info below is from Sweeney's website.

**

I'm writing a book currently entitled, "If It's Not One Thing, It's Your Mother." It's about parents and parenting. I plan to workshop material I'm developing for the book on 8 Saturday afternoons before the end of this year. I'll read new chapters, work on ideas, and probably vent a little. It's only going to be 45 minutes long and start at 4 p.m. Afterwards I'm going to grab pizza at Union Pizzeria, right in the building. So, please come and join me!

Where: Space in Evanston: 1245 Chicago Ave. Evanston, IL.

Time: 4:00 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.

When: Oct. 15, 22, 29 Nov. 5, 12, 26 Dec. 3 & 17

Cost: $5 (donated to charity - The Cara Program) $3 for students $15 for all Saturdays

Just show up at 4 p.m.

http://juliasweeney.blogspot.com/

**

See you there!

***

Thank you for reading my blog "Evanston Newbie", a project that I am using to chronicle my new life in Evanston. Do you have favorite Evanston bakeries, bike shops, events that you can recommend? Send me an email at thelisadshow@gmail.com and I will post my review on this blog. -Lisa Degliantoni

No comments:

Post a Comment