Search This Blog

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Wildlife sighting: American Goldfinch

There's a new bird in town and everyone's talking about him! The American Goldfinch has been spotted flying around Evanston this June and July, and the yellow feathers make this an easy bird to spot.

The image above is from the Cornell Lab of Orinthology (http://www.allaboutbirds.org) as I never seem to be quick enough to catch one of these birds with my camera.

I'm thinking about putting out a bird feeder to see if I can attract any of these to my back porch, but the robins might scare them away.

I'm off to do my homework on the migratory patterns of the American Goldfinch, also known as the Eastern Goldfinch and Wild Canary, to see if I can officially name this bird my summer bird.

Other Wildlife sightings:

Female Downy Woodpecker

Red Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment