Search This Blog

Monday, July 30, 2012

It brings me great pleasure to purchase my brother’s music on iTunes

If I weren’t so busy bragging about myself on this blog, I’d take the time to brag about my brother Mark degli Antoni. Yes, he spells his name differently than I do (Degliantoni) and yes, he is the famous keyboardist from Soul Coughing and most recently David Byrne’s world tour.

He is also an incredibly gifted composer who does film scores for the likes of William Wegman (Hardly Boys) and Werner Herzog (Into the Abyss). In fact just today I opened my email to find a link to his most recent score for Into the Abyss on sale on iTunes. How fun it was to buy my brother’s work and support his artistic endeavors, with just a few clicks.

I always complain that the Internet and Apple products were created only to shop but that’s so not true. One of the most exciting manifestations of the World Wide Web is the ability for artists to collaborate and present their works to a global audience for little to no cost.

Visit iTunes here and give a listen to Mark’s haunting score and visit www.markdegliantoni.com to listen to more of his work in a variety of styles.

And don’t worry, I’ll be back to bragging about myself soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment