Search This Blog

Thursday, February 26, 2015

March 5: Jazz-Play Studio Presents: Donovan Mixon's Hybrid Project





The following announcement and invite is from Donovan Mixon:

After an absolutely beautiful performance by the Nia Jazz Quintet in January and a 'dark' February the time has come for another live music event at Jazz-Play Studio.

Hybrid Project has been the name of my World-Jazz ensembles since my years in Istanbul. We will play music from my recordings Language of the Emotions and Culmination.

I plan to debut new music as well: Finding Center, Longing, It's Been Good (completely recomposed) and Mixed Emotions. In addition we'll play a couple special cover arrangements: An exotic treatment of the jazz standard Stella By Starlight and an arrangement of Bachianas Brasileiras No. 5 by Villa Lobos, one of my favorite composers.

I will have the honor of playing with the following distinguished musicians: 

James Perkins - Flute, Alto & Tenor saxophones
Marianne Kim - Piano/keys
Cory Biggerstaff - Contrabass
Geraldo De Oliveira - Percussion

If you don't know them, you should. I urge you to look them up on the net. 

I sincerely hope to see you. Please tell your friends. It will be another special night.

Regards,

Donovan Mixon

WHAT:     CONCERT
WHO:      Donovan Mixon's Hybrid Project
WHERE: Jazz-Play Studio @ Space 900
                1042 Wesley
                Evanston, Il 60202
WHEN:    Thursday March 5th
TIME:       7:30
COST:      $10



No comments:

Post a Comment