Search This Blog

Friday, March 16, 2012

Join: Evanston North Shore Bird Club

White-throated sparrow photo courtesy of Arlene Koziol, www.ensbc.org

One of the most visited pages on the Evanston Newbie blog has been "Wildlife Sighting: Female Downy Woodpecker" posted on November 19, 2011. Apparently people are looking for news and information about wildlife and birding options in Evanston and not just news about me!

Now that spring is in the air and people are heading back outside, I thought I'd post a link to the Evanston North Shore Bird Club for those of you looking for birding club and field trip options.

Info: The Evanston North Shore Bird Club sponsors more area field trips than any other birding or nature organization in the area. What's even better, is that most, if not all, are FREE! Car pooling is encouraged on all field trips. Always check the current Bird Calls for possible changes in dates, times, locations, leaders, etc. Contact the individual leader or the Field Trip Chairman if you need more details on specific trips, or looking for someone to carpool with -- numbers are listed in the membership directory pages. Membership is $25/year per individual. Click here for more info on membership or visit www.ensbc.org.

I plan on attending at least one field trip this spring as it will be a great opportunity to learn more about the bird populations on the North Shore. Should I capture any exciting birds on camera, I'll be sure to share them with you.

***

Thank you for reading my blog "Evanston Newbie", a project that I am using to chronicle my new life in Evanston. Do you have favorite Evanston bakeries, bike shops, events that you can recommend? Send me an email at thelisadshow@gmail.com and I will post my review on this blog. -Lisa Degliantoni

No comments:

Post a Comment