Search This Blog

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Graffiti I Love in Austin: I Love You So Much

On a recent trip to Austin, TX, I noticed the endless amounts of graffiti that decorated the Travis Heights neighborhood. Joe's Coffee Shop had "I love you so much" tagged on the side of the building (pictured below) and there was always a line of people waiting to take a photo in front of the tag.

Although I am not advocating we all go buy a can of spray paint, I love graffiti when it's positive, interesting and can be shared.

After Evanston suffered a rash of racist tagging last year, it's always good to see graffiti that focuses on the positive.


Click on links below for more images in the Graffiti I Love series

Graffiti I love: Stay as you are by the Guy Who Cares

Graffiti I Love: You are Beautiful

If you see more of this work around town, take a quick picture on your cell or camera and email the image to me at thelisadshow@gmail.com. Thanks!

***

Thank you for reading my blog "Evanston Newbie", a project that I am using to chronicle my new life in Evanston. Do you have favorite Evanston bakeries, bike shops, events that you can recommend? Send me an email at thelisadshow@gmail.com and I will post my review on this blog. -Lisa Degliantoni

No comments:

Post a Comment