Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Dave the Sand Castle Builder Rocks Evanston Sand Castle Contest

Last night we went to Clark Street Beach to see the final results of the day's Sand Castle Building Contest. Local sand castle builder Dave and his family were there and clearly the winners with the masterful work pictured below. Everyone got an award (it's 2013 in Evanston y'all and we are all winners) with several other sand castle creations making for great sand art.


I met Dave last summer when he was building another amazing creation on the beach. Click here to read more about Dave and his sand castle building action. Originally I thought Evanston paid talent like Dave to spruce up the beaches but turns out that's just what Dave does, makes epic sand castles when he goes to the beach!

And as if that's not fun enough, Dave also has a huge bubble maker that creates gynormous bubbles. Pictured below is a group of kids trying to gently blow another bubble into the big bubble. Dave provided loads of fun last night at Clark Street Beach! Thanks Dave!


*******
Thank you for reading my blog Evanston Newbie, a blog dedicated to helping you too fall in love with Evanston, just like I did. If you have any questions or need to get in touch with me about this blog, Evanston, or anything else you can email me at thelisadshow@gmail.com. Also feel free to send me announcements about upcoming Evanston events and I will promote them here!

No comments:

Post a Comment