Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

City ordinance says Evanston residents have to buy at least 40 oz. of beer at the liquor store



Everyday I am learning something new about Evanston. For instance, there is a city ordinance that consumers purchasing less than 40 oz. of beer must buy another can to make the total purchase of beer at least 40 oz. Apparently the beer bloggers know about it, I found this message on a conversation string, "There's also a silly Evanston law that prevents the sale of singles below a certain size. .5L bottles are usually taped together."

I can't seem to find the ordinance online anywhere, will do some research and get back to you before I make any assumptions as to why consumers have to buy a minimum amount of beer. Any ideas?

***

Thank you for reading my blog "Evanston Newbie", a project that I am using to chronicle my new life in Evanston. Do you have favorite Evanston bakeries, bike shops, events that you can recommend? Send me an email at thelisadshow@gmail.com and I will post my review on this blog. -Lisa Degliantoni

No comments:

Post a Comment