Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I'm doomed if Halloween night in Evanston doesn't blow my children's minds!

I'm doomed if Halloween night in Evanston doesn't blow my children's minds! This is their first Halloween in their new hometown and you know how kids are, it's all about how the holidays compare and in El Paso, Halloween was a total blast. People had haunted houses in their front yards, one neighbor dressed like a bleeding zombie and chased kids - you get the idea.

So for my children's sake, I hope their first Halloween in Evanston is fun, because if it's not, I will hear about it....and hear about it....and hear about it.

One thing I do know is that Halloween has a designated time in Evanston in that children are allowed to Trick or Treat from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. I'm assuming festivities end at 7 p.m. because the temperature drops to 40 below zero, but maybe it's due to the fact that Halloween falls on a Monday this year and people have to work in the morning.

Either way, Evanstonians seem to be getting in the spirit. I drive by all kinds of houses with loads of decorations and I'll keep a slide show of them right here, so check back.

Any Halloween recommendations for the Chicago area? My children are still too young for haunted houses but they can do corn mazes, costume parades, etc. Send your ideas to thelisadshow@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment