Search This Blog

Monday, November 28, 2011

1st Annual Evanston Turkey Trot was a huge success!

This Thanksgiving Day my husband, son and family friend ran the 1st Annual 5K Turkey Trot while I took photos and cheered them on. More than 1,500 participants showed up to run, walk or cheer. The race was extremely well organized and the race staffers were wonderful.

We're hoping this becomes an annual event as it's a great way to burn a few calories before consuming Thanksgiving Dinner.

Visit www.evanstonflying5k.com or www.mychicagoathlete.com for more information.

***

Thank you for reading my blog "Evanston Newbie", a project that I am using to chronicle my new life in Evanston. Do you have favorite Evanston bakeries, bike shops, events that you can recommend? Send me an email at thelisadshow@gmail.com and I will post my review on this blog. -Lisa Degliantoni

No comments:

Post a Comment