Search This Blog

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Evanston Style Watch: Leg warmers in 2011

Although you can't really see the leg warmers on this cute young mom, they are there, over nylon running pants and below her nylon black tennis skirt. Leg warmers in 2011. My subject claims she is not trying to relive her days as an 80's fashionista, but instead protecting a recurring injury, but this is the second time I've seen her in leg warmers (she's my neighbor and the other leg warmers are rainbow).

I haven't seen leg warmers on anyone else in Evanston yet, but it's just getting cold now and people have yet to bust our their survival fashion gear (I plan on wearing my bedspread most of the winter). And how do people stay stylish when it's freezing out? I'm about to find out. Leg warmers was a fun surprise, I haven't seen those in forever.

Below are several other images from my Evanston Style Watch project where I shoot inspiring or interesting street fashion. As you can tell with 3 images in the slide show, it's a slow project, but I'm determined to track down Evanston's best in street fashion.

1 comment:

  1. I gotta say, my ankle has been soo much better since I brought leg warmers back into my life! :)

    ReplyDelete