Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Summer guests are coming to Evanston in droves! Where do they stay?

Help! I've got guests showing up in Evanston throughout the summer months and I need good recommendations for affordable places to stay within 10-minutes walking distance from the beach! Is this too much to ask?

Below is a list of places I've managed to put together given my demanding parameters, what can I add to the list? Either comment here or email me directly at thelisadshow@gmail.com. And also, feel free to post your thoughts on the hotels below, I've never stayed at any of them!

My old standby www.vrbo.com is a total bust as there are only two places listed to rent in Evanston! Booo.

The Homestead Evanston
1625 Hinman Ave, 60201 Evanston
(847)475-2090
www.thehomestead.net

The Margarita European Inn
1566 Oak Avenue, IL 60201
(847)869-2273
www.margaritainn.com

Best Western University Plaza
1501 Sherman Avenue, IL 60201
(847)491-6400
www.bwuniversityplaza.com

***

Thank you for reading my blog "Evanston Newbie", a project that I am using to chronicle my new life in Evanston. Do you have favorite Evanston bakeries, bike shops, events that you can recommend? Send me an email at thelisadshow@gmail.com and I will post my review on this blog. -Lisa Degliantoni

2 comments:

  1. Don't send your friends to the best western!!! My family stayed there and it's a DUMP! :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that! It looks like a dump on the outside and I cannot believe that in a college town, there are no cool/affordable lodging options in Downtown Evanston! Maybe I should look into what Northwestern recommends to their visitors.

    ReplyDelete