Search This Blog

Friday, January 25, 2013

Evanston in the News: Refinery29.com Picks 10 Things to do in Evanston

Photograph by Lauren Schiappa

How fun is this? Refinery29.com, the hip and cool website dedicated to covering all things chic in cities like Chicago and New York is running a feature on Evanston! Writer Rebecca Taras says "this North Shore suburb has a great art scene and to-die-for eats worth plenty of repeat visits" about Evanston and features 10 spots you must visit while in town.

Who made the cut? Bennison's, Found Kitchen, Block Museum of Art, and more. Thanks for the love Rebecca, Evanston is totally worth a visit!

Click here to read Day Pass: 10 Things To Do In Evanston

*******

Thank you for reading my blog Evanston Newbie, a blog devoted to covering my family's move from El Paso, TX, to Evanston, IL, in 2011. We arrived in June 2011 and several people have pointed out that I am no longer a "newbie" and should start some other blog. But I disagree and want to keep the "newbie" status for a while longer, maybe five years and for several reasons. #1 - there are many Evanston families who have lived here for generations since the town incorporated in the late 1800s, so in comparison to them, I am very much a "newbie". #2 - I firmly believe this blog is a good branding tool for the city of Evanston and it's the least I can do to thank our new town for being so AWESOME! If you have any questions or need to get in touch with my about this blog, Evanston, or anything else you can email me at thelisadshow@gmail.com. Have an awesome 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment