Touted as a "game changer" for the local arts scene in Evanston, Open Studios Evanston made the Evanston 100 List created by the Evanston Chamber of Commerce.
We are thrilled to be in such amazing company and plan on having a fantastic event on June 6, 2015, featuring a bike route for those who don't want to drive to 100 art studios.
Open Studios Evanston is a citywide tour of Evanston art studios and galleries
Interested in participating in this year’s Open Studios Evanston, June 6, 2015, 12 - 6 p.m.?
Here’s what you’ll need to participate:
- Studio/gallery/space address in Evanston
- Digital image of your work (2 is fine)
- Artist bio/statement
- Website/Online portfolio
- Access to your studio space for the general public day of event
- One piece of art to hang in a group show at Noyes Cultural Center (Event partner Alley Gallery will provide framing equipment at discounted prices. That's them in the photo with the parrot.)
Once we have all your information we’ll share it on the event website here.
The City of Evanston and the Evanston Arts Council are providing marketing and event support to help drive traffic to artist studios. As we get closer to the event date we’ll ask you to help promote and share the event news with your friends, collectors, neighbors, alderman, etc.
Below is our Mission Statement and other event information;
Open Studios Evanston is an initiative that engages the arts community of Evanston and the public through free events showcasing Evanston artists creating work in the City of Evanston.
- Increase the visibility of visual arts as another component of Evanston’s diverse cultural and economic activity
- Create a sense of community and belonging for Evanston artists
- Support emerging artists by producing events that create exposure and sales of their work
Please don’t hesitate to reach out with questions and thank you so much for making Evanston a more beautiful place.
Open Studios Evanston, Producer
Evanston Arts Council, Co-Chair