Search This Blog

Monday, March 11, 2013

Photos: Parmageddon 2013 at Whole Foods Evanston South

Sunday, March 10, 2013, I was one of the official witnesses (for the very first time) of a Guinness World Record competition - Whole Foods was going for the record of cutting the most Parmigiano Reggiano cheese rounds at once. Stores all over the United States participated in the contest and Whole Foods South in Evanston had Justus and Sam the cheese mongers compete against one another for fastest cut. You'll see in the photos below that the rounds were huge, weighing up to 80lbs. each and were tough to cut open. But these cheese mongers cut cheese very well, both quartering in under 10 minutes. As soon as the World Records results are in, I'll be in touch with news.

Thanks to the crew at Whole Foods Evanston for hosting such a fun event!

Click here for more information on the contest.

*******

Thank you for reading my blog Evanston Newbie, a blog devoted to covering my family's move from El Paso, TX, to Evanston, IL, in 2011. We arrived in June 2011 and several people have pointed out that I am no longer a "newbie" and should start some other blog. But I disagree and want to keep the "newbie" status for a while longer, maybe five years and for several reasons. #1 - there are many Evanston families who have lived here for generations since the town incorporated in the late 1800s, so in comparison to them, I am very much a "newbie". #2 - I firmly believe this blog is a good branding tool for the city of Evanston and it's the least I can do to thank our new town for being so AWESOME! If you have any questions or need to get in touch with my about this blog, Evanston, or anything else you can email me at thelisadshow@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment