Search This Blog

Friday, October 26, 2012

Breaking: Evanston Tops List of 10 Suburbs that Don’t Suck!

I was driving south on Lake Shore Drive this morning and caught some of WBEZ’s 848 (a show I should be hosting because I would be so good at it, more on that later) and I heard a great interview with travel writer Dave Seminara who was talking about 10 Chicago suburbs worth visiting and Evanston made it on the list! That’s right, Evanston is on the top of the list of 10 Suburbs that Don’t Suck and I’m excited on so many levels, here’s 2; #1 I love a headline with the word “sucks” in it, #2 I’m thrilled to have chosen such an awesome suburb.

Here’s what Seminara has to say about Evanston:

This big, diverse community directly north of the city along Lake Michigan belongs on the itinerary of every visitor to Chicago. It's home to Northwestern University, some 61 structures listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and six sandy beaches. The pedestrian friendly downtown is filled with nice bookstores, cafés, shopping and restaurants and there are beautiful homes scattered among several historic districts within the town. Evanston also has an amazing library, which allows patrons to take out up to 75 books a time (seriously).

Click here to read the full story

and find out what the 9 other suburbs are. What’s so great about this article is that I plan to print it out and go visit all 10 suburbs. In case you forgot, I’m still a newbie in that there are endless places, stores, beaches, etc., I’ve yet to visit. Just the other day I visited Tamales lo Mejor de Guerrero on Clark Street for the FIRST time and I’ve been in town since June 2011 – someone is not doing their homework!

Keep the ideas coming and get me ingrained in this new locale!

p.s. I took this photo on Dempster Street beach. Feel free to use it as your screensaver.

No comments:

Post a Comment